- Richard Lange’s stories have appeared in The Sun, The Iowa Review, and Best American Mystery Stories, and as part of the Atlantic Monthly’s Fiction for Kindle series. "Apocrypha" was awarded the 2015 Short Story Dagger by Great Britain's Crime Writers' Association. He is the author of the collections Dead Boys and Sweet Nothing and the novels This Wicked World and Angel Baby, which won the Hammett Prize from the International Association of Crime Writers. He received the Rosenthal Family Foundation Award from the American Academy of Arts and Letters and was a 2009 Guggenheim Fellow.
Awards & Honors
- 2015 Short Story Dagger from Great Britain's Crime Writers' Association ("Apocrypha")
- 2013 Hammett Prize (Angel Baby)
- Writer in Residence, Bordeaux, France, Summer 2012
- 2009 Guggenheim Fellow
- The 2008 Rosenthal Family Foundation Award for Fiction from the American Academy of Arts and Letters
- Finalist for the 2008 Saroyan International Prize for Writing